1.27.2013

Product Review: Maybelline Clean Express Waterproof Makeup Remover


Hi guys! I stopped by Walmart last night and picked up the new Maybelline Clean Express Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover, as I told you guys I would in my previous post.  Click here >> Maybelline Clean Express Review to read it. I didn't go to Walmart specifically for it (read my back story below), I just happen to walk by the cosmetic department and remembered I wanted to try it out. & this is what it looks like, there is a clear water liquid on the bottom & opaque oil (I know it says oil free but I don't know what to call it ok? OK.) on top. In order for the makeup remover to work, you simple have to shake it first. In my opinion, any makeup remove that is like this, is a guaranteed satisfaction.  Oh and this cost the same as the other bottle. =)  

Back story:
The reason that I was at Walmart in the first place, was to return car oil (the kind of oil you buy to get an oil change). Me and my BF was returning oil because he was able to buy oil at his work (he works at a car dealership) for a cheaper price. I think his work charged him $30 with his discount & Walmart sold the oil for $50. Anyways, as we were waiting in line at the customer service area...I witness the most... ghetto-est...situation ever! This lady, was trying to return (she wanted FULL money back) a nail polish that she bought...a USED nail polish!!! She effing used the thing and than decided she didn't want the polish!!! lol, she was arguing with the employees for over 30 mins because they wouldn't give her money back! & you know what the worst part of this story is? The darn thing was $2. They lady bought nail polish, used it, & wanted to return it back for $2. That blew my mind lol. & of course the Walmart employees didn't give her a full refund, they offered an exchange only lol, the lady was pissed & stormed out of the store. 

ANYWAYS, back to my product review. =P 

Here is the full line

CLEAN EXPRESS!™ FACIAL TOWELETTES

click here (Maybelline Clean Express) for my review on the classic eye makeup remover.

Testing time. From left to right, concealer, cream foundation, black eye shadow, water proof gel liner & normal pencil liner & waterproof mascara.

*shake shake shake* This is what it looks like when the two oil/water stuff is combined. The whole thing turns opaque. 

Tadaa! The remover removed everything on 2 tries! Satisfied? I know I am. Here is a tip I figured out based on experience. I hold the cotton pad with the makeup remover on it over my eye lids for 30 seconds, than I sweep the pad away to prevent a lot of tugging & res-wiping. 

All though, I'm not 100% satisfied. Why you guys ask? Well, it's because the remover didn't smell good! In fact, it has no scent at all! This should actually be a good thing because fragrance free product are super gentle, BUT that's not the point! I was hoping for this remover to smell exactly like the Classic Eye Makeup remover I bought a week ago. I occasionally open that bottle just to smell it because it smells so darn good lol.   

Either way, with scent of without scent, I would buy this again. The pink bottle is just too cute!


3 comments:

  1. Oh I looked into getting this one but I thought the cream would suit my skin type better. My sister needs a makeup remover so I'll recommend this to her. I really like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love that =). I don't have lookbook thought and Don't really use FB. What about Instagram and Pintrest?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment my blog. I read and reply to every comment. =)

Do you want to follow me? I follow back. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Jackie's Design Studio