7.18.2012

Stampede 2012

This year the Calgary Stampede turned 100 years old! If you don't know what the Stampede is than let me tell you. It's a rodeo/carnival that setup in July for 10days and people from far and near travel to Canada, Alberta...Calgary every year to be apart of it.



Tehehe isn't he so adorable? I got a minion from Joe. He won this little dude from the beer bottle game, where you throw a baseball at beer bottles... I think? And he was gonna just throw him away! I was like NOO! I want.


I don't usually go to the Stampede just for the rides and games. I go because of the crazy FOODS!


You can almost eat anything deep fried here.


This is deep fried kool-aid. Tasted like a regular doughnut because all they did was got the powdered kool-aid and made it into a batter...yea I know, I was pretty disappointed to lol.


Jalapeno cheddar with ranch to dip.




Omg! When I saw the Churro picture I died! My all time Favorite deep fried snack. The first time I had this was like 7years ago at Disney World & OMG, I've been waiting for the day that I could eat these again.


Naaco Bites. I don't know how to explain this but it tasted decent lol.


Sling shot ride.



This is a normal poutine with maple syrup. Lol I think Dan paid $10 for this haha. It was actually pretty good. It tasted like a dessert.


Shepherd pie poutine.


Pizza poutine.


Omg you guys are gonna cringe. My friends bought alligator meat pizza and cricket pizza. I wasn't brave enough to try it lol. The thought of eating bugs scares me and for the alligator pizza...it didn't look that appetizing lol.  



While the guys were chowing down on the pizzas, I got a pulled pork parfait. SOOOOOO YUMMY! It's just pulled pork with mash potatoes and gravy.





There so many games and things you could win! And everyone wanted to win a mini bike. The only game that they tried was called block buster, were you have to knock 3 blocks off the table. We spend like a good 2hrs there lol. This one guy dropped I swear over $200 trying to defeat  the game lol & still didn't get a bike.


Behold the mini bike that everyone tried to win but failed lol.




This game was pretty fun! You have to balance yourself as you climb that ladder and when you reach the top you have to press a button while your still balancing. It was fricken hard! I wiped out twice and got my sock wet.



Green apple soft icecream.


Tehe such a cute game.



Fire works! The fire works at the end of the day was crazy! They fireworks that said 100, it was pretty cool.


And that is how I spent my time at the Calgary stampede. Now that it's over, I don't know what to do with my self this summer...stay home and watch the Olympics?

2 comments:

  1. Fellow albertan! Haha love your blog! Following!

    Www.bananers4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you =) your blog is pretty neat too lol like your style.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment my blog. I read and reply to every comment. =)

Do you want to follow me? I follow back. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Jackie's Design Studio