4.16.2013

Restaurant Review: National Beer Hall


Hi guys!!! So last Tuesday me and Dan, decided to walk to National (550 17 Ave SW) to try out their oysters, since it was $1 Tuesday. This was our first time there so this my first impression of the place. National is a place that has long dining benches like Hog warts lol, which is nice if your in a friendly mood & want to meet new friends. BUT, if your the kind of person that hates people in general & don't want to share tables, than there are a few tables in the corners available for you as well but they tend to get filled fast so you might be forced to sit with strangers. =P

The atmosphere of the place was nice, it was dimly lit with a lot of sun light that lit up the place through their patio. When we got there, the place was quite busy & I noticed that the crowd was very diverse, which was awesome so there wasn't any discrimination towards anyone...unlike Watchmens.  

The staff are really friendly there, which is a nice surprise because most pubs that I've been to, a lot of the staff would seem annoyed. 

On to the food. We order 2 dozens of East coast oysters & 2 dozens of West coast oysters, why not? is was $1 an oyster! We also ordered the duck poutine.  I don't have a picture of the poutine but let me tell you, it was delicious. 


Once the our oyster came out, we were ready to devour it. They were served with a red vinegar cause, lemon wedges & horseradish. The oysters were fresh and good! You can really taste & see the difference between the west and east coast oysters. The east had a mild taste and they all look the same, & the west had a strong fishy taste and the the shells were quite ugly lol. In my opinion, I prefer the east coast oysters, I recommend you guys ordering that.

I am quite please with National & will definitely go there more often. I've also heard that they're expanding & took over Whiskey night club. Also a little birdy told me that their new location will have a bowling ally! I'm a little excited.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment my blog. I read and reply to every comment. =)

Do you want to follow me? I follow back. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Jackie's Design Studio